Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Review: Fated by Alyson Noel

Recieved ARE from GoodReads
Series: Soul Seekers #1
Author Info: Website
Release Date: May 22, 2012
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Pages: 368
Age Group: Young Adult
Format I Own: Paperback
Pre-order: Amazon

First I'll mention that I really love this cover. I know you're not supposed to judge a book by it's cover but I will admit that was what originally drew me to this book. The next thing that drew me to the book was reading the premise, where it states the main character Daire, is being haunted by disturbing visions. Woohoo! I can never turn down a book with insane characters in it.

And that's pretty much how the book starts out, with a little bit of insanity, and it was a perfect way to get me instantly sucked into this book. However I'd say the beginning was probably the best of the book in my opinion, but I'm very confident the majority of readers will not feel the same way. Don't get me wrong though, I still found the entire book to be quite enjoyable.

I liked that this book incorporated hispanic origins and cultures into it, that was a unique change of pace which I think is almost necessary in a good paranormal romance, considering just how many YA books are popular in this genre these days.

I did find Daire to be a little annoying and childish at times, but on the other hand when I think about it, if I was in her situation I probably would have reacted in a similar manner. Also, I felt like it took forever to get to the point of just what the plot was supposed to be. I found myself asking 'what's really going on?' for quite a large part of reading this.

The ending didn't leave me with that feeling of NEEDING the next book right now because I have to find out what happens, even though there was one specific thing mentioned towards the end that had me asking questions, and wanting to figure out what it means. Because of that and my overall liking of this book, I do plan on reading the next one in the series once it comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment