Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Review - A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin

Author Info: Website
Published: August 6, 1996
Publisher: Bantam Spectra (US) | Voyager Books (UK)
Pages: 694 (US Hardback)
Age Group: Adult
Format I Own: Kindle e-book
Purchase: Amazon

When I first started getting more heavy into reading, this was one of the books that I was hearing the most about, and mostly good things, so naturally I looked it up to see what it was about and was immediately drawn to it based on that it was an adult novel (sometimes I like to step away from YA) and that it was in a medieval setting. Awesome, sword fights! I love books that take place in medieval times. Unfortunately, my excitement over this book stops there.

I never actually finished this book, so this review will be short. I also never posted this on GoodReads, but wanted to share on my blog, my reasoning for not finishing this book. In a nutshell, I just felt like there was way too much going on for me to keep track of everything that was happening. Once I'm finally starting to understand what one group of characters is doing, then a new chapter starts and we switch over to a new group and what they're off doing. I'm not sure if there were too many characters or not, but I also found that I wasn't able to distinguish them all individually while reading, none of them stood out to me.

I am disappointed that I didn't enjoy this book, I had EXTREMELY high hopes for it when I started it and was expecting to love it. Perhaps I just over hyped it and that's what made the book bland for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment