Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Review: The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

Author Info: Website | GoodReads
Published: January 10, 2012
Publisher: Dutton Books
Pages: 318
Age Group: Young Adult
Format I Own: Hardcover
Purchase: Amazon
Rating: 5/5

When this book first came out, I had never heard of John Green, because I was just starting to get really into reading. But so so so many people were excited to read this book, and also were raving about it once they read it. At first I didn't think anything of it, I didn't think it would be something I'd be interested in. But the more I heard people talking about it, the more intrigued I became. I did not hear one negative review about it. And then I caught on to the fact that evidently, the ending of this book made a lot of people cry. I've never had a book make me cry before. Challenge accepted, John Green.

It did not make me cry, but it almost did. Regardless of that, I completely loved everything about this book from the first day I started reading it. All the main characters were interesting and likeable, the bursts of humor actually made me laugh out loud, and then there were sad moments that made me question life and everything in it. Even though it didn't make me cry, I can definitely see how it made others cry. Clearly my heart is made of stone or something. Or it's partly made of stone, because I was sad, just not in tears.

After reading this, I definitely have to say that I will be picking up more of John Green's books. If they are anywhere near as good as this one, he's sure to become a favorite author of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment